At Barnes Driver Training, we provide lessons to meet the needs of all learners.
Your first lesson will get you started and allow you to obtain confidence and competence in handling a vehicle. We recommend a schedule along the following.
- A block of lessons with your instructor
- Engage in regular practice with a qualified driver at home
- Obtain some further lessons with your instructor
- Obtain further lessons 2-3 months prior to your test date.
Lessons for driving in heavy traffic
As you progress, you will learn to drive in heavy traffic this includes:
- Lane changing
- Traffic Lights
- Turns at lights
- Multi-laned roundabouts
- Night driving
- Parking and manoeuvres
- Open road lessons
Passing your driving test involves a number of aspects, including:
- Understand the test criteria and the RMS expectations
- Learning how to deal with the harder aspects of the test
- Understand the test day procedure and requirement, including what you need to bring
- Undertaking a practice test with your instructor before hand.
We can book the test for you and advise you what times are available.